Celebrating 200 years of God's Faithfulness
July 2, 2020
Dear Church Family,
This Sunday July 5 we begin our month-long bicentennial celebration of God’s faithfulness to His people. However, COVID-19 continues to be a serious problem. Therefore, we want to join together to celebrate and at the same time be cautious. Let me reiterate what we have said from the beginning of our re-opening process: 1st of all the reason for joining together is to worship the Lord. 2nd we do want to take precautions to keep everyone safe. 3rd this is a work in progress and will change.
We are asking that everyone please enter and exit through the sanctuary doors (they will be opened so that you will not have to touch the door handles). Seating will be every other pew. (We will mark the pews that are to remain empty) Families will sit together but all others should maintain safe social distancing (6-foot) between them. This will obviously limit the seating and we will evaluate if an overflow is needed in the fellowship hall.
- What about face masks? Please feel free to wear them. The Georgia Health Department is encouraging that masks be worn. You are asked to wear them in all public places and church is a public gathering.
- The offering plates will remain up front and at the back of the Sanctuary where you may place your offering in them before church, during or at the conclusion of the service.
- All announcement, words to the hymns, etc. will continue to be projected on the screen.
- What about visiting? We suggest that visiting be conducted in the parking lot in the open air and not inside. Please, no hugging or shaking hands. We want to be cautious and careful.
- Please, if you are sick or if you have been exposed to anyone specifically with the coronavirus stay at home and watch the service on Face Book or You Tube.
- Because of the social distancing and the limit that is placed upon sharing meals together we have postponed any church-wide meals until a later date.
- Will this be different? Yes, but even going to the grocery store is different at this time. I look forward to seeing you and to worshipping God together at DBC as we celebrate our 200th year anniversary during the month of July. Remember Psalm 56:3, Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.
In His Service,
David D. Stockton, D. Min.